Tuesday, January 29, 2008

More G.I.Joe Casting: Marwan is Zartan, The Rookie is Hawk

Yup, you got it.

Arnold Vosloo, known for playing the best bad guy ever to grace the set of 24, along with some desert movie he made with some director who's got a movie coming out based on a line of action figures--that's the Arnold Vosloo who's going to play Zartan, everybody's favorite Austrailian biker with a skin disorder.

This is a decision I can get behind. I think this, along with Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Heavy Duty, are my two favorite casting choices in this movie.

And Dennis Quaid is going to play Hawk.

No, not Randy Quaid. Dennis Quaid. The guy from The Rookie. The guy that played Lindsey Lohan's dad in the new Parent Trap. Still no? Frequency? Jaws 3-D? Enemy Mine? Fine, go look at his picture. Yeah, that guy.

Not going to make my top two, but I don't think it's a bad choice at all. I'm sure this one's going to get knocked--particulary if anybody wants to refrence his turn as the President in American Dreamz. But since I live in a world where American Dreamz was never made, and I never wasted a Friday night sitting through it, that doesn't matter to me.

Look at all the pretty ponies.